The Scouting adventure, camping trips, high-adventure excursions, and having fun are important to everyone in Scouting - and so is your safety and well-being.
Effective March 1, BSA has issued a revised Annual Health and Medical Record. As you and your scouts begin to update their records for the coming summer camp season, the new revised form should be used. The form can be found at http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/HealthandSafety/ahmr.aspx.
Recap of the changes in the new Annual Health and Medical Record:
- The primary version will be in English. The existing bilingual version will remain available.
- Part A (Informed Consent, Release Agreement, and Authorization) will contain no medical information and will be shorter by one page.
- Part B (General Information/Health History) will include only the most important information needed.
- Part C (Pre-Participation Physical) will be reduced to one page with expanded sections for explanations of allergies.
- Supplemental Risk Advisory (former Part D) will be shortened and be location specific. This is designed to take to physicians so they will better understand what activities their patients will participate in.
- A redesign of the landing page for the annual health and medical record website so participants and parents will be able to download only what they need.
By going to the link, shown above, you will be able to enter your basic information before printing and taking forms to your physician.
Wood Badge is the pinnacle training course for Cub Scout and Boy Scout Leaders. It involves a Course taught over two 3-day weekends, followed by an 18 month period of independent commitment. Wood Badge helps participants develop Leadership technique, project planning knowledge, team management skills and builds network connections to other Scouters.
Camp Arrowhead, 4200 Scout Camp Road, Ona, West Virginia will be the location for Course C4-617-14 and John VanHorn, Sr. is the Course Director.
First Week: Friday, September 26 thru Sunday, September 28, 2014
Second Week: Saturday, October 11 thru Monday, October 13, 2014
Any registered Scouter who has completed Basic Training for their registered Unit Position may attend this Wood Badge Course.
This conference is the primary training activiaty that supports your year-round efforts. This conference will help you provide great programs with the help of knowledgeable experts from all areas of Jewish Scouting.
Scouters from all over the Central Region associated with Dens, Packs, Troops, and Crews with Jewish Scouts; members of council JCOS committees; potential new unit sponsors; Scout Professionals interested in increasing council membership are all invited to attend.
The 2014 Central Region JCOS Conclave will be at Cricket Holler Scout Camp-Schiewetz Leadership Training Center, 6444 Frederick Pike, Dayton, OH 45151 on Sunday, April 27, 2014, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m..
Update: Dinner was a wonderful event. WSAZ had a short article about the event.
The celebration dinner on Tuesday, February 4th, for the 2013 Terry McKinniss Eagle Class of 51 Eagle Scouts. Volunteers were recognized for their leadership in council programs, Juli Wamsley, Ric Zima and Mark Freeman areceived the Silver Beaver Award and Nuuanu Ricks received The North Star Award.